“Sculptra” is the newest product that is becoming popular in the United States and Taiwan. It is the first Collagen stimulator in the world and the only one that has been certified by the US FDA. It is suitable for people who have problems with saggy skin and those who want to look younger. Sculptra will help answer those problems and restore facial skin to become firm again !
What is Sculptra?
Sculptra is the skin collagen restoration treatment that contains microparticles of PLLA (Poly-L-Lactic-Acid). It is classified in the Collagen Biostimulator group which helps stimulate the production of collagen according to the natural process, restore the skin’s inner structure and make your skin youthful again.
Sculptra is the first and only biodegradable substance in the world that has been approved by the US FDA, so you can be assured that it is safe and can get natural results that last long without severe side effects.
How does Sculptra work?
- Sculptra is made as powder that is mixed with sterile water before treatment and injected into the deep subcutaneous layer of skin, to help stimulate up to 66.5% production of Type 1 collagen.
- After injection, the skin will instantly look replenished from the amount of water injected.
- 2-3 days after injection, water and other components will be absorbed into the skin, only Sculptra particles left. So the wrinkles will return.
- Sculptra particles begin to activate through the body’s immune system by drawing macrophages around sculptra particles and signaling to fibroblast cells to come together.
- Fibroblast is the cell that is the origin of collagen production. It helps make the skin strong and firm.
- Overtime, the Sculptra particles begin to disappear, leaving behind an increased buildup of collagen fiber.
- Your facial skin will be restored to be strong, lifted, and firm for up to 2 years.
Highlight of Sculptra
- It is the first and only biodegradable substance Collagen Biostimulator in the world that has been approved by the US FDA
- Highly safe
- Results last longer than Hyaluronic Acid Filler
- Provides gradual and natural results
Who needs Sculptra?
- Those who have sagging and wrinkles problem
- Those who need healthy, firm, and smooth skin naturally
- Those who want long-lasting results
- Those who have undergone other treatments for lifting and tightening but still doesn’t get what they want
- Those who have concerns about facial wrinkles.
Sculptra is not suitable for people taking immunosuppressants, people with cancer, people with autoimmune diseases, people with congenital skin diseases, and pregnant women. As it may cause death, you should consult with the dermatologists before treatment for safety.
Which areas of the skin can Sculptra treat?
Sculptra can only be injected around the face and cheeks, cannot be injected in the middle of the face such as nose, mouth, eyebrows, forehead, and eyes area. Sculptra helps restore collagen in the skin, making the collagen line up more tightly. As a result, the injection areas will look firmer, no wrinkles, and youthful.
How often do you need Sculptra?
Although the face will instantly look replenished after first injection but within 2-3 days, water and other components will be absorbed into the skin, only Sculptra particles left. So the wrinkles will return. But you will be able to see clear results within 2 weeks to 1 month when the collagen fiber begins to adjust its structure. Rearrange collagen will be fully formed in 3-6 months after treatment and the results can last up to 2 years or approximately 25 months, depending on the amount used.
The amount of Sculptra that must be used depends on your age. Every 10 years of age needs 10 cc of Sculptra. There are some reports from real users that the skin is firmer, brighter, and looks naturally youthful after the complete course. Moreover, you can continue injecting Sculptra to increase collagen to make your skin firm and tight, just need an interval of at least 1 month before every Sculptra injection.
Is Sculptra safe?
Sculptra is the skin collagen restoration treatment which is the first and only biodegradable substance collagen stimulator in the world and the only one that has been certified by the US FDA. Also there are more than 50 published research papers that approved
- After Sculptra injection, it helps stimulate up to 66.5% production of Type 1 collagen.
- Help restore youthfulness to the skin, lift and tight the skin, and improve skin quality even further
- The first and only biodegradable substance collagen stimulator in the world and the only one that has been certified by the US FDA
- Highly safe and consistently get natural-looking results
The dermatologist must be very skilled in injection because Sculptra injections must be properly injected under the skin using a specific technique. Moreover, the Canula needle must be used only for the injection.
What to do before Sculptra treatment at Summer Clinic?
Before you get Sculptra, you need to consult with an experienced dermatologist first for information and safety advice. So that you can get exactly what you want.
In general, there is no special preparation required prior to Sculptra injection, but you should do the following
- Not in pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Not in serious illness, and must inform any medical conditions to dermatologist every time such as SLE, Sarcoidosis granulomatous pathology, and endocarditis
- Not in use of NSIADs such as Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, Ponstan, Platelet aggregation inhibitors, Anticoagulants, and Immunosuppressants
- Avoid taking vitamin and herbs that help increase blood flow such as Grape seed, Ginkgo biloba, Evening primrose oil, Fish oil, Vitamin E, Collagen at least 1 week before the injection
- Avoid other treatment 2-4 weeks before Sculptra injection
- Avoid drinking alcohol and refrain from activities that pump more blood 24 hours before the injection
Aftercare tips for Sculptra treatment
After Sculptra injection, there might be swelling, red marks, and small needle marks which can gradually disappear on their own in 2-3 days. If the symptoms are more than usual, you must contact the dermatologist immediately.
If you feel a small lump or bump on the skin after injection, you can massage that area to disperse the particles of the injected substance so it doesn’t clump together. By using a triple 5 massage method, massage the treated area for 5 minutes, 5 times a day, for 5 days following your treatment. It will allow Sculptra particles to produce collagen evenly under your skin.
However, you should follow the precautions after Sculptra injection:
- Apply cold compress to reduce swelling and bruising in the first 24 hours after treatment
- Avoid makeup, heat, sauna, and stream for 24 hours after treatment
- Avoid being outdoors and in high temperature areas as sunlight and blue light have a negative effect on the skin.
- Avoid other treatment 2-4 weeks after Sculptra injection
How to massage your face after Sculptra treatment?
One of the best ways to treat your face after Sculptra injection is to do a triple 5 massage. It will help your facial skin look extremely youthful and last long. Massaging the treated area for 5 minutes, 5 times a day, for 5 days following your treatment will allow Sculptra particles to produce collagen evenly under your skin. So it is very important !
Step 1: Use your thumbs to massage the temples on both sides and use your fists to slowly massage from the forehead to the temples on the side.
Step 2: Use your thumbs to attach to both cheeks, slowly moving them from the front of the cheeks to the sides of the cheeks at the same time.
Step 3: Use the palm of your hand to press on the cheek area and gently massage from the bottom up to the cheekbone. Repeat this several times to help tighten the facial skin.
Step 4: Do the same hand motion as in Step 2 around the chin, then slowly move it up along the jawline.
Moreover, please avoid other treatments such as filler, botox, laser, sauna, or use any heat with your face at least 1 month after Sculptra injection for long-lasting and best results.
Summer Clinic: Best place for Sculptra in Phuket
Although Sculptra injection is a very safe procedure as it is the first and only biodegradable substance in the world that has been approved by the US FDA. There are more than 50 research studies supporting that it is safe. Sculptra helps restore natural collagen and improve skin quality for firmer, glowing skin in the entire cheek region. Also Help tighten skin along the cheeks and jawline. The injection should be done by an experienced dermatologist. If you are not injected with an experienced dermatologist or do not have adequate care for cleanliness, it may cause inflammation, injection, swelling, redness, or other side effects. So it is necessary to be careful in choosing a dermatologist and clinic.
Summer Clinic is a certified aesthetic clinic for face and body in the middle of Phuket town; which is clean, safe, and has experienced and expertised doctors. We use legal imported Sculptra products approved by the FDA so you can be assured of effectiveness and safety. No need to worry at all !
If you are interested in our Sculptra treatment, please contact Summer Clinic for consultation,