Filler is one of the effective ways to restore facial volume, fill in lines and wrinkles, and plump up certain facial features to make you look younger, and more attractive.
At Summer Clinic, we chose “Restylane” imported from Sweden and “Juvederm” quality and standardized Hyaluronic acid filler imported from USA.
What is filler?
Fillers (Dermal Fillers) injections are nonsurgical cosmetic procedures that inject Hyaluronic acid or Sodium Hyaluronic into your skin to restore lost volume back to your face and smooth lines and wrinkles. Hyaluronic acid is the most commonly used type of filler as it is a naturally occurring acid in human skin.
Looking older can be a difficult process for many people. If you have signs of aging, Hyaluronic acid filler can help ! It will replace the skin structure of your face with no risk and naturally degrade over time.
Hyaluronic acid is a form of crystal clear gel that can retain moisture, make your skin look plump, reduce wrinkles, and help restore lost volume on your face. Once injected, Hyaluronic acid will bind with water molecules until it swells up into gel and plumps the skin.
Moreover, if there is a feeling of dissatisfaction with the result after injecting fillers that are made from Hyaluronic acid, it can be dissolved immediately by Hyaluronidase.
Where fillers work the best?
Fillers are used to enhance and reshape facial structure such as restore volume of face and cheekbone, enlarge lips, and make facial features more symmetrical. It was first used to reduce and smooth out wrinkles to make the face look younger.
Fillers can also be applied to other parts of body; such as the neck and hand to rejuvenate and fulfill the skin.
Parts of face that can get filler treatment,
- Face filler
- Under eyes filler
- Lower face (Chin) filler
- Mid face (Cheek) filler
- Lips filler
- Nose filler
- Forehead filler
- Laugh lines filler
- Marionette lines filler
- Temples filler
How to make filler results last long?
Fillers can be used to help with facial structure problems such as facial bone collapse, and under skin fat layers problems. It can be said that fillers can help replace and restore the structure of skin layers as well.
Fillers are gel-like injected into different areas of facial layers. The depth and consistency of injection will determine the results that will be obtained. By injecting fillers with different depths, the results will be as follows
- Injecting filler at very deep level or nearly bone level, will help adjust and support the structure of face
- Injecting filler at medium level, will help smooth and reduce wrinkles
- Injecting filler at superficial level, will help moisturizing and firming skin
What is the right age to start with fillers?
Fillers can be injected by everyone, all gender and ages, except those who have history of allergy to Hyaluronic acid, those who are pregnant, or those who have injected liquid silicone or non-reversible substances on their face before.
Fillers can help solve almost all facial problems, whether you have lost facial fat layers, collapsed bone structure, want to adjust face shape, or need to plump up wrinkles and smooth lines on their face.
It is also suitable for those who want to nourish and slow down their facial skin to look younger, brighter, and more radiant. Moreover, fillers can help those who have acne problems as well.
How long do fillers last?
Most fillers can last for 6-18 months. It differs from patient to patient and depends on many factors, such as skin type, age, and most importantly, dermatologist’s injection techniques and filler brand.
Moreover, it depends on the behavior and lifestyle of patients that varies from person to person. Therefore, you should follow dermatologist’s suggestion after injection as these behaviors below will cause filler to dissolve faster and not get perfect result.
- Avoid drinking alcohol, eating fermented foods, and smoking
- Avoid being in high temperature or too hot place
- Avoid heat treatment, such as laser at least 1 month after filler injection
What to do before filler injection at Summer Clinic?
Before you get fillers, you need to consult with experienced dermatologist first for information and safety advice. So that you can get exactly what you want.
In general, there is no special preparation required prior to filler injection, but you should do the following
- Not in pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Not in serious illness, and must inform any medical conditions to dermatologist everytime
- Those who have medical conditions such as high blood pressure should take medicine before injection procedure
- Avoid taking painkillers, aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, or NSIADs such as Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, and Ponstan at least 1 week before the injection to prevent possible bruising
- Avoid taking vitamin and herbs that help increase blood flow such as Grape seed, Ginkgo biloba, Evening primrose oil, Fish oil, Vitamin E, Collagen at least 1 week before the injection
- Avoid drinking alcohol and refrain from activities that pump more blood 24 hours before the injection
Aftercare tips for filler injection
Normally, there will be some symptoms after filler injection such as swelling, redness, or pain at the injection areas which these symptoms will recover within 1-2 weeks.
- Apply cold compress to reduce swelling and bruising within the first 48 hours, if there is more swelling and bruising, you need to contact your doctor immediately
- Avoid taking painkillers, aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, or NSIADs such as Ibuprofen and Naproxen
- Avoid taking vitamins that make it hard to stop bleeding
- Avoid touching, massaging, rolling, or pressing on the injection areas
- Avoid vigorous exercise for 48 hours after the injection
- Avoid sunlight and heat such as sauna and streaming
- Avoid eating spicy and very hot foods
- Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking for 48 hours after the injection
- Drink lots of water to help filler last longer
Summer Clinic: Best place for filler in Phuket
For safety reasons, you should get filler injections with an experienced dermatologist who knows facial anatomy well in order to inject filler on the right spot and get perfect results.
If you are not injected with an experienced dermatologist or specialist, it may cause mistaken injection into the bloodstream which will block blood vessels and can caused life threatening !
Therefore, this treatment requires special caution. In addition to experienced dermatologist, you need to choose a clean and safe clinic that has passed standards from the Ministry of Public Health, and uses authentic fillers that are verified by the FDA.
For consultation, please contact Summer Clinic
Fillers brand that Summer Clinic chose
At Summer Clinic, we chose “Restylane”, imported filler from Sweden which is widely accepted by dermatologists around the world. It is also certified by Thailand Food and Drug Administration (FDA) , US FDA, and Europe CE Mark.
Restylane is outstanding in terms of molecular size, efficiency, and safety because their molecule is very similar with Hyaluronic acid in human body. Also Restylane contains Lidocaine, so you will not feel pain while injecting.
Currently, technology of Restylane fillers is constantly evolving. There are proprietary rights of Restylane fillers; NASHA technology and OBT technology, and also have many molecular sizes which make filler texture suitable for every problem in every facial area.
Restylane fillers can help skin to retain water, add moisture, and rejuvenate skin to make you look younger. The fillers have many molecules that can give natural-looking results which dermatologists will assess to select the best one that is suitable with your skin type and injection areas.