Dark armpits and Chicken skin armpits are problems that many women worry about ! At Summer Clinic, we recommend “Bright Armpits” treatment. All steps in one course that can help brighten your underarms, remove the chicken skin, and make your armpits look naturally brighter and smoother.
What causes dark and chicken skin armpits?
The main cause of dark and chicken skin armpits are inflammation of the hair follicle that comes from the habit of plucking or shaving the underarms by yourself. It makes the armpits gnarled like chicken skin, also it makes the new armpit hair grow stiff as well.
There are also other factors that causes dark and chicken skin armpits as follow,
- Friction under the arms together with sweat is the cause of dark armpits. It often occurs in overweight people as their crooks are more likely to rub against the skin
- Lots of underarm sweat caused by malfunction of the sebaceous glands that causes excessive sweating. Also a dirt under the arms that has accumulated throughout the day
- Heredity that contributes to dark and chicken armpits from birth
- Chemicals that are caused by continuous use of deodorizing roll-on and spray for a long time. These products contain aromatic chemicals that easily darken underarms. If you really need to use it, you should choose a fragrance-free deodorant
- Health problems that are warning signs of a serious illness. Some parts of the body will start to become darker such as the neck, armpits, and etc.
How to treat dark and chicken skin armpits?
- Exfoliating with natural ingredients using natural ingredients to scrub regularly; such as avocado, tamarind, cucumber, lemon, etc. can help reduce the occurrence of chicken skin and dark armpits. You can do it by yourself at home on a daily basis.
- Nourish underarm with Retin A can help shed old and deteriorated or dead skin cells away, and reveal your new skin cells that are smoother and brighter. This treatment will help treat chicken skin very well which you need to apply skincare with underarms before going to bed.
- Underarm Laser by using technology to send energy into dark spots deep under the skin. It helps shed old skin cells that deteriorate and create new collagen, along with nourishing the skin under the arms to be smooth and bright again. However, the results depend on each person’s skin condition.
Bright Armpit at Summer Clinic
If you are not confident about your underarms, this treatment is a helper to smoother and brighten your underarms completely in one course.
“Bright Armpits” treatment for dark and chicken skin underarms, helps it to return to be bright without gnarl. There are 3 steps in this treatment as follows;
- Use Plasma Peeler to help exfoliate dead skin cells to fall off gently, reveal smooth armpits skin, and reduce chicken skin effectively.
- Use Gentle Whitening Mask especially for armpit skin which can help to soothe the skin and brighten the armpits.
- Inject Anti-Pigment Mesotherapy concentrated drugs including Alpha arbutin, Glutathione, and Niacinamide that help reduce dark pigment
Who needs bright armpits treatment?
- Those who have dark armpits problem from birth
- Those who have chicken skin armpits
- Those who have dark underarms from friction on the crook, dark spots, scars, tattoos, and etc.
- Those who have allergies to various chemicals from products such as deodorant roll-on and spray
- Those who want quick results and don’t want to take long time to heal
How long does it take to see results after treatment?
Summer Clinic recommends receiving treatment 5 times every one or two weeks, along with following dermatologist’s advice such as refraining from using products that contain alcohol and chemicals as ingredients. You will obviously get more satisfying results, naturally brighter and smoother armpits.
Is Bright Armpits treatment’s result permanent?
Bright Armpits treatment can help brighten the underarm skin permanently if there are no activities that darken the skin again.
We recommend to receive treatment at least 5 consecutive times and you will be able to see 15-20% brighter results each time. After that, you can receive treatment at least 1 time per month as recommended by your dermatologist for best results.
What to do before Bright Armpits treatment at Summer Clinic?
- Study the information about the clinic and choose a dermatologist who has experience in treating dark and chicken skin underarms for your safety
- Avoid plucking, shaving, or waxing the armpits; including scrubbing the skin for about 3-4 weeks
- Avoid exposure to sunlight during the 6 weeks prior to the underarm laser treatment
- Avoid using soaps and skincare products which contain chemicals that irritate the skin such as vitamin A acid or AHA acid
- Avoid using all types of underarm deodorant products
Aftercare tips for Bright Armpits
- Apply cold compresses to your armpits to help relieve redness from laser for 1-2 days
- Avoid exposed to water in the laser area within 24 hours after treatment
- Avoid exposed to sunlight for 1-2 weeks
- Apply body lotion and skincare products regularly to add moisture to armpits
- Apply sunscreen regularly to avoid dark spots around armpits
- Avoid applying deodorant products for 2-3 days to reduce irritation around armpits
- Avoid activities that use heat for 2-3 days such as sauna, steam, and etc.
Summer Clinic is a certified aesthetic clinic for face and body in the middle of Phuket town; which is clean, safe, has experienced and expertised doctors. We use a legal plasma peeler, a world class standard device that gently exfoliates deteriorating skin cells and reveals your smooth and brighter armpits. Together with Anti-Pigment Mesotherapy concentrated drugs that are legally imported to Thailand, you will absolutely get more satisfactory results !
If you are interested in our Bright Armpits treatment, please ask for more information at