What causes sweating and body odor?
When your body uses too much energy in a day, the body will release that energy as heat in the form of “sweat”. Some people may sweat more or less than others depending on the physiology of each person.
In addition, sweating and body odor can also occur from many reasons such as genetics, abnormal hormones, congenital disease, stress, eating, or wearing thick clothes.
Those people who experience sweating and body odor may lose their confidence in daily life. The initial solution that many people use is applying deodorants to eliminate sweat odor. But for some people, applying deodorants might not always be a good solution and still have an armpit smell. So what can you do?
Summer Clinic would like to take everyone to get to know “Armpits Botox” that can help reduce the sweat glands production and decrease the underarm moisture.
What is Armpits Botox?
Botulinum toxin type A injection, commonly known as “Botox” is the injection of Botox into the armpit area to reduce underarm sweat production. The sweat glands will produce less or almost no sweat. Botox can help decrease underarm moisture by more than 80%.
How do Armpits Botox work to treat sweating?
Botulinum toxin type A is able to help suppress the function of the Neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which binds with sweat glands to signal the release of sweat. It helps control the body’s sweat production. Therefore, when the dermatologist has injected Botox to inhibit the nerves that signal to the sweat glands. It will result in the sweat glands to produce less or almost no sweat.
Who needs Armpits Botox?
- Those who have excessive sweating in the armpit area
- Those who have unpleasant body odor problem, lack of confidence
- Those who have dark marks from the moisture of sweat
- Those who are allergic to deodorizing product such as roll-ons, or sprays
- Those who do not want to do surgery for sweating
How long does Armpits Botox last?
The result can be noticeable 2-4 days after treatment and get a clear result in 2 weeks. Sweat from the armpits will gradually decrease, no smell, and no stuffiness.
Botox will last for around 3-4 months per 1 injection. Botulinum toxin type A goes away on its own without any residue. If you want to maintain the results, you can inject continuously.
Pros and Cons of Armpits Botox
- Helps reduce sweating and body odor, make you feel more comfortable
- No need to worry about dark marks from sweating on your clothes
- Helps to gain confidence in daily life
- Do not have to hurt yourself from surgery, no scar
- Can back to normal life after injection, no need to recuperate
- If you use Botox that is not qualified or not passed the FDA, it may cause side effect that are harmful to the body
- If injected by inexperienced or has insufficient injection techniques dermatologists, it may cause poor results as well
Armpits Botox treatment at Summer Clinic
Botox injection to reduce sweating and body odor !!
The Armpits Botox treatment at Summer Clinic is the injection of Botulinum Toxin Type A 50 units per side to temporarily block the function of the Neurotransmitter acetylcholine, to control the body’s sweat production. This can reduce sweating under the armpits by more than 80%. The results can be noticeable 2-4 days after the treatment.
Hyperhidrosis Treatment with BOTOX
✔️ Temporarily suppress the function of the Neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which make the sweat glands to produce less or almost no sweat
✔️ Reduce body odor
Summer Clinic can help solve sweating and body odor problems, you can raise your arms confidently !!
*Those who have excessive sweating and body odor
*Those who have dark marks from the moisture of sweat
*Those who are allergic to deodorizing product such as roll-ons, or sprays
What to do before Armpits Botox injection at Summer Clinic?
Botox injections do not require any special preparation. You just need to consult with an experienced dermatologist first for information and safety advice. So that you can get exactly what you want.
- Before injecting Botox, you should prepare as follows
- Find more information about Botox injection in details and choose authentic Botox only
- Not in serious illness, and must inform any medical conditions to dermatologist everytime
- Not in pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Avoid taking painkillers, aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, or NSIADs such as Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, and Ponstan at least 2 week before the injection to prevent possible bruising
- Avoid taking vitamin and herbs that help increase blood flow such as Grape seed, Ginkgo biloba, Evening primrose oil, Fish oil, Vitamin E, Collagen at least 2 week before the injection
- Avoid drinking alcohol and refrain from activities that pump more blood 48 hours before the injection
- Avoid smoking 48 hours before the injection
- Avoid eating food that need to sit with hot stove such as grilled pork (moo-kra-ta), or Shabu Shabu
- Avoid eating fermented food as it can cause blood vessels widen
Aftercare tips for Armpits Botox injection
After Botox injection, You should strictly follow your dermatologist’s advice so that you can get best results with no other side effects by doing the following
- Avoid pressing, rubbing, or massaging the injection area after treatment to prevent botox spreading to surrounded area that might cause other problems
- Avoid hot compress and heat to the injection area for at least 2 weeks
- Avoid activities that use heat for 2-4 weeks such as laser, onsen, sauna, steam, and etc.
- Avoid taking painkillers, aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, or NSIADs such as Ibuprofen and Naproxen
- Avoid taking vitamins that make it hard to stop bleeding
- Avoid strenuous exercise
- Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking for 48 hours after the injection
- Apply cold compress to reduce swelling and bruising
- Meet dermatologist as scheduled to track results
For safety reasons, you should get Botox injections with an experienced dermatologist who knows facial anatomy well in order to inject Botox on the right spot and get perfect results. If you are not injected with an experienced dermatologist or specialist, it may cause mistaken injection into the bloodstream which is very risky to the nervous system and can be life threatening !
Therefore, this treatment requires special caution. In addition to an experienced dermatologist, you need to choose a clean and safe clinic that has passed standards from the Ministry of Public Health, and uses authentic Botox that is verified by the FDA.
If you are interested in our Armpits Botox, please ask for more information at