Acne is a common type of facial skin problem that no one wants. It is caused by inflammation or infection of hair follicles of the sebaceous glands under the skin.
Although acne scars may not cause any negative effects on your health, it can be heartbreaking when you notice them on your face. Premium Acne treatment at Summer clinic is your solution !
What is acne?
Acne is a skin condition that occurs when your hair follicles of the sebaceous glands under the skin become inflamed, plugged with oil and dead skin cells. It looks like a small blister or clogged lump inside the skin layer. There are many types of acne, depending on the origin of acne; such as whiteheads, blackheads, papules, pustules, nodules, or severe nodular acne.
Acne typically appears in areas that have a lot of sebaceous or oil glands. Though it affects people of all ages, acne is most common among teenagers due to changes in androgen hormones that produce more oil and enlarged sebaceous glands, resulting in acne breakouts on the body.
Causes of acne
Acne is caused by dead skin cells catching up with sebum around sebaceous or oil glands under the skin. These are causing the accumulation of fat lumps inside the skin layer, and it becomes clogged pore.
For teenagers, the main reason for acne may be caused by Androgen hormones that keep stimulating the sebaceous glands to produce excessive oil then hair follicles become clogged with oil and dead skin cells. So it causes clogged pore especially among female teenagers during the menstruation period.
If clogged pore occurs and does not do the right treatment, oil that accumulates under the skin will not be able to drain out and the hair follicles are deprived of oxygen. Causing a type of bacteria called Cutibacterium Acnes (C. Acnes) began to grow and proliferate. This can develop into inflammatory acne.
There are also various factors that can cause acne, both internal and external factors as follows,
- Internal factors: Hormonal levels, heredity, skin disease, stress, and etc.
- External factors: Cosmetics, skincares, dust, smoke, temperature, cleanliness, food, and etc.
Types of acne
Types of acne can be classified into 2 main types:
Comedone or noninflammatory acne is still in the early stages. It has not spread, no inflammation, no violence, and no pain or swelling.
2. Inflammatory acne
It is acne that often develops from non-inflammatory acne that is not properly treated and becomes more severely clogged. Causing the infection deeper under the skin. It can cause inflammation, swelling, redness, and pain.
- Papules look like a small red bump on the upper layer of the skin. It makes you feel that your skin is not smooth when touched or rubbed on your face, but there will be no itching or pain. It can be cured more easily than other types of inflammatory acne
- Pustules look like red pimples that are caused by bacterial infection or various pathogens, in which the pus is white and yellow in the center of acne. It will feel a little bit painful when touched or rubbed on your face. You should avoid pressing or squeezing acne by yourself as it can cause pustules to become more severe type of inflammatory acne
- Nodules or large inflamed acne look like a very large red pimple that is the most severely inflammatory acne. It will feel very painful when touched or rubbed on the face. It can occur all over the body such as the face, neck, and etc.
How to get rid of acne?
There are many ways to get rid of acne nowadays which is usually treated according to the level of severity of acne. However, you must consult with your dermatologist every time. There are 3 main methods of treatment as follows,
1. Topical / Oral medications
Topical medication will help reduce clogging, reduce inflammation, and fade acne scars. Also it will kill bacteria Cuticatrium Acnes (C. Acnes) in acne.
While oral medications can help reduce acne infection and inflammation. It is suitable for use with inflammatory acne.
2. Drainage and extraction
Using a clean and sterile needle to extract acne out to help prevent acne from becoming inflamed later. This method should be done by a specialist only as it may cause acne to become infected or more inflammation.
There are different types of acne lasers to treat different acne on the spot, such as cleaning pore, reduce bacteria, reduce dark spots, and help relieve inflammation of acne.
Premium Acne Treatment at Summer Clinic
Premium Acne treatment at Summer Clinic is a completed acne treatment program from root cause and also prevents future acne. Start from detailed acne extraction to help prevent acne inflammation. In case you have severely inflamed acne, dermatologists will inject those acne to reduce inflammation quickly and don’t leave any acne scars. Then a repair and restore duo facial masks will be made to treat acne and reduce acne scars at the same time. Dermatologists will provide exclusive consultation throughout the program and you will definitely get brighter skin immediately after the treatment !
5 steps of Acne treatment at Summer Clinic
- Deep pore cleansing and gentle acne extraction
- Unlimited acne injections by professional dermatologist to reduce inflammation and don’t leave any acne scars
- Repair & Restore Duo Masks specialized for acne and acne spots from Divyne, London to help detoxify and adjust balance of facial skin. It also prevents repeated acne and reduces dark spots
- Apply pure Niacinamide and Zinc serum from Divyne all over the face, it will help reduce dark spots, control oiliness, and make your skin healthier
- Receive exclusive consultation from experienced dermatologist throughout treatment period at Summer Clinic
How is the Acne treatment course at Summer Clinic different from others?
At Summer Clinic Phuket, we have a meticulous acne treatment procedure and pay attention in every detail.
- Gentle Acne extraction, no time limit
- Unlimited acne injection by a professional dermatologist
- Repair & Restore Duo Masks specialized for acne and acne spot at the same time
- Plasma peeler to remove dead skin cells and inflamed acne
- Advice from our experienced dermatologist to prevent and reduce acne in the future
Who needs Acne Treatment at Summer Clinic?
- Those who have severe acne, inflamed acne, clogged acne, and pores
- Those who have fragile skin and lack of care
- Those who have dark spots and red spots from acne laser
- Those who want to treat both acne and acne scars at the same time
Summer Clinic is a certified aesthetic clinic for face and body in the middle of Phuket town; which is clean, safe, has experienced and expertised doctors. We use legally imported products, certified by KFDA and U.S.FDA so you can be assured of effectiveness and safety. You can get back to the activities right after treatment and we guarantee that you will surely get perfect results after treatment !
If you are interested in our premium Acne treatment, please ask for more information at